Production Underwriter – Southern Region
WAIC is looking for an ambitious team member to help expand our agency base in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. A Production Underwriter is responsible for developing profitable premium growth in the assigned territory, making underwriting decisions that consistently follow company standards, developing and sustaining strong agency business relationships and identifying opportunities for future premium growth. Agency management, sales, and marketing activities will be a key part of this role. Travel within the assigned territory, as well as monthly visits to the home office in Owings Mills, Maryland will be required.
- Evaluate new business opportunities and makes profitable, individual risk judgments based on thorough understanding of WAIC’s underwriting philosophies and guidelines.
- Develop strong business relationships with stakeholders at the agency level. Leverage new business growth using available WAIC products, knowledge of the marketplace, and competitors,
- Identify agency appointment opportunities to achieve WAIC growth and business objectives.
- Work closely with Marketing & Management to ensure territory business objectives are achieved, and areas of future growth are capitalized.
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong underwriting acumen, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 3 to 5 years of P&C commercial lines underwriting experience.
- Excellent business relationship building and sales ability.
- Strong desk management and organizational skills, and ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up understanding of WAIC underwriting systems, workflows, compliance rules, BOP, CPP, and Umbrella lines of business.
To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.